Why Should I Get Dental Implants?
- Long-term Treatment : When compared to dentures and bridges, Dental Implants are very durable and aesthetic.10 year implant survival rates studies show success rate well above 95% .
- Function :Dental implants are the closest option to replace natural teeth that are missing.The functionality and behaviour of a dental implant is similar to natural teeth as a dental implant also replaces the root portion of your natural tooth. Dental implants are less invasive as unlike bridges, trimming of your adjacent teeth when placing dental implants are not needed.
- Easy To Maintain : Considering the fact that you can floss and brush with dental implants just like natural teeth, they are easy to maintain and thus last long. You can enjoy all your favourite food with dental implants just like with natural teeth.
- Preserves natural bone : Dental implants behave like natural teeth to stimulate the jaw bone. This prevents it from wearing out and reducing in height after an extraction.
- Aesthetics : Dental Implants help restore one’s self confidence. A missing a tooth, especially a front tooth can impact one’s self confidence and considering that Dental implants look, feel and behave like natural teeth and are very aesthetic.
- Cost-Effectiveness : While a bridge or denture may seem cheaper due to lower upfront costs, however in the long run a dental implant is more durable and long lasting. Dental implants are more cost effective in the long run as the need to replace dental implants in the long run is lesser.
Recovery process after Dental Implants Treatment
Getting a dental implant treatment done is a minor surgical procedure. It can take anywhere from 3-10 days for the initial recovery. Ensure you maintain good oral hygiene after surgery so that the implants fuse correctly with your jaw bone. The final healing duration depending upon the type of bone and if bone grafting was done or not varies between 3-7 months. Post recovery, ensure you maintain good oral hygiene for your dental implants to last you long.
Mild to moderate amount of post operative discomfort can be there after getting a dental implant which is normal. Apply ice packs to reduce the incidence of a swelling and take all your prescribed medication. Apply pressure with a gauge pack in case of mild bleeding. Ensure you constantly stay hydrated and consume a lot of fresh fruits and soft food. Refrain from drinking anything hot for 2 days as it can cause swelling.
A dental implant is the best way to replace a missing natural tooth. Our clinic specialises in all kinds of dental implants in Bangalore. Missing teeth have to be replaced as they can weaken the surrounding teeth and affect your bite leading to dental issues.